Welcome to our Cool Tools for Schools Workshop!
- If you are participating through one of the New York School Library Systems (SLS), contact your SLS administrator to get approval and register.
- Once you’ve done that your SLS will give you a code to register on our workshop registration form.
- When the Google Classroom is up and running, you’ll receive an email with an invitation to join.
- Is your school a G Suite for Education (Google Apps) school? You won’t be able use your G Suite for Education email account to join our Google Classroom. Google just won’t let you. You will need an alternative email address.
- If you need an alternative email address, sign up for a free Gmail account. Or use any other email you want to use.
- If tools are blocked at your schools, try working on the exercises from home. We’ll try to provide a variety of tools so this might not be a problem.
- Don’t stress! You don’t have to read and explore absolutely everything in each of the lessons. Do what you can and have fun!
- Find out who else is doing the program. Share your successes and ideas with them. And ask them for help when you need it. Make connections with other participants through their blogs.
- Reward yourself for completing each lesson. For me that means chocolate. 🙂 YMMV (Your mileage may vary!)